3 Easy Summer DIY Projects
Need to get creative? I’ve rounded up 3 fun and easy projects that anyone can do this summer! If you decide to do any of the below be sure to share an image with my on Instagram @maddy.corbin and I will share! #MaddyCorbinDIY
DIY Project 01: Denim Jacket with Patches
This project was by far my favorite and didn’t take long at all. To note: my jacket I actually got at Plato’s Closet for $25 but it is for sale at Free People for $95, I will link it here if you want to get it: http://bit.ly/339Jeo3
What you need
01. Denim Jacket
02. Patches: Hobby Lobby or (here is a similar 50 pack I found for $11): http://bit.ly/2KmbE5t
04. Cotton Cloth
01. Lay out the patches on the back of the jacket where you want to place them.
02. Remove patches from their packaging and save instructions for ironing.
03. Using a cotton cloth (I just used one of our dusting rags) slowly iron on the patches, I did 2 at a time.
04. Let it cool and try on your new jacket!
DIY Project 02: Floral Letter Accent Piece
This one is wildly popular and I have always wanted one of my own so I decided to DIY it!
WHAT YOU NEED
01. Cardboard letter
02. X-Acto Knife
03. Hot Glue Gun
04. Hot Glue Sticks
05. Faux Flowers
07. Paint Brush
01. Using your X-Acto knife cut the top layer off of your letter slowly. *Be careful, and have an adult help you!
02. Remove the zig-zag insert
03. Pick your favorite paint color and pain the outside edges of your letter and the back
04. After the paint dries, take all of the top of your faux flowers off the stems
05. While your hot glue gun heats up, start placing a few flowers in the letter where you will want them. Then one-by-one start hot gluing the flowers in the letter.
DIY Project 03: Crystal Sneakers
Have a pair of bland shoes? Grab some crystals, grab some glue, let’s make them fab!
WHAT YOU NEED
01. This one is simple — glue the crystals in anyway that you like! I decided just to do the two stripes because I like to keep it simple. But glue away!!
Want to save these to your favorite Pinterest board? Save the below images!